Monday, June 29, 2009

The Death of The World's IDOL: THE KING OF MUSIC






“MICAHEL JACKSON” When u hear the name you already know who it is, no second thoughts about it. You automatically think of “THRILLER” and his signature Moon Walk dance and red leather jacket, white gloves, socks and high watered black pants! That was Michael Jackson…There was more to him but that was what you thought of instantly!

I remember listening to him as a kid, doing the THRILLER dance and being mesmerized by his videos which was more than a video, it was a mini adventure with him dancing and sliding across the stage and showing you why he was the best of all times and now that's over, partially. We can never forget the imprint he left on us but it will never be the same knowing he isn't here physically with us anymore. I say "WITH US" as if he was literally a friend to us all personally....and he was. For 20 years I have watched him dominate the screen and touch the lives of many including my own, so in my heart he was a friend, To all of us, he was a World-Wide Friend to any and everyone who loved him.







Watching the coverage of the media saying he was or wasn’t dead made my stomach literally hurt, I could have puked! Even as I sit listening to his music as I write this, I am in and out of tears wondering why? Farrah Fawcett passed this morning, she was an icon too! We don’t sport flips in our hair for nothing ladies, she started that and now she and MICHAEL are gone! She showed her strength with her battle with cancer and I admire her for fighting as hard as she did. The Original Angel will be forever missed but always rememebered.







He may have had his legal and personal issues but no one can ever deny that Michael Jackson was not their idol! They can’t deny that! The dances people do today derived from Michael Jackson, he created that, he created making a video more than just a video, he created a LEGACY! So much can be said about him and what he brought to music. I was so excited to hear that he was back and making music again. There has never been a song of his that I did not like, everything he made was excellent music and now at the young age of 50, all of that is gone! His music will forever live on but the fact that he is no longer alive makes it hard to take in.



As I sit here crying, my friend doesn’t understand why I'm crying and I don’t understand why she isn’t. He meant more than music to me, of course I didn’t know him personally but how many can say that they did except his friends and family, however that doesn’t erase the impact he had on my life or any other true fans life. His music reached me on many levels. The sadness in his songs, the anger the need of wanting to be loved; all of that was something everyone could relate to. The man embodied all of what a performer dreams to possess. His talent was immaculate and undeniably the best there ever was. Losing him is like losing a piece of culture, a true piece of musical history that we can never replace. Many can and have tried to embody what Michael possessed and none have succeeded in replicating his perfected methods of performing, his lyrics, his visual presence, nothing. When you see a leather bomber jacket and zippers, who do you think of? MICHAEL JACKSON! A Glittered Glove? MICHAEL JACKSON! THE MOONWALK....Nuff Said!





I stopped writing this blog for a minute. Went about my day, mourning our icon, reading material on the web, watching the news and as I sit here at 11:13pm I am in more shock than I was before. I really don’t believe he is gone, it’s like a mean prank that the media is pulling. It hurts so much inside of me and it makes me feel weird because this is someone I have never met, yet he has my heart filled with so much emotion. I don’t even want to cry because I feel as if I don’t know how to right now. I listened to his music and started crying so hard I couldn't believe how hard I was crying.
I watched Jesse Jackson on TV say how he was amazed how people who disowned Michael for the past ten years are now mourning and praising him since he’s gone. I can see that happening, I can see the high praises from a country who disowned him every since his 1st trail when all that mess started. I can tell you that I however never looked down on Michael for any of his legal issues, never. He remained my number 1 favorite artist of all time, next to R. Kelly. I used to joke that my two favorite musicians were crazy but never did I stop listening to them.


Michael was a genius, he was spectacular, just look at the man’s photo’s.

The dances, the clothes, the faces, the monumental poses, that hair! All of that and much more made him an ICON, the biggest human being to perform in this world and leave a memorable experience afterwards.



I never had the pleasure of seeing him live however watching him perform on TV was an experience in itself. I remember how much I adored the “REMEMBER THE TIME” Video or "THRILLER" I was so mesmerized at how it was made and the costumes and characters, it was literally a miniature movie.




One of my favorite songs of his is “YOU ARE NOT ALONE” When that video came on, I was glued to the TV. The softness of it made my heart melt. I also LOVED “SCREAM” with He and Janet. Although some thought the video was crazy I enjoyed it. Seeing him and his sis together was beautiful.
I always thought that when Michael Jackson died, he would be some 80 year old man in his home of natural causes, not a month before I turn 27 from Cardiac Arrest. When you idolize someone, you never expect them to die. It's the same for when Princess Diana Died, I didn't idolize her, I barely knew who she was at that age but when she died I felt sorry for all those who did because in their hearts, they lost a wonderful person that they admired and looked up to. No one ever expects to cry over a celebrity dying because we all say "I didn't know him/her." Michael was not just some celebrity, he was The Celebrity. The main attraction whenever his name was brought up in the media or elsewhere.



What bothers me most is that he died never having the life HE WANTED. He sacrified his privacy, his freedom to be normal, his life to entertain US and for that I appreciate him. He started out as just a child and never had the chance to move past being a STAR, never could just go outside and play in the park, he had to rehearse and practice and rehearse. I don't think there is anyone on this planet who can identify with the stress and pressure he went through being Michael Jackson. It's beyond sad to know he died not living the life he may have wanted to live. I can understand why he sectioned himself off from the rest of the world. Some people are built to withstand pressure and some are not. Some people are built to be in the limelight and deal with all the negativity that comes along with it and some are not. Michael was born to perform but I don't think he was built to deal with the Stardom he created and it's perfectly okay, he didn't know he was going to me who he became! His behavior, however odd it may appeared to be was not odd at all, to me. It was his reaction to everyone else reacting to him. Pressure makes you do things you never thought you would do. He probally created the SELF he wanted to be and for it he was ridiculed and practically banished from this country. No one agrees with him being born a black man and turning himself into some "other person." It was disturbing to see his transformation but not disturbing because of how he appeared but because of what he must have been going through mentally to have to subject himself to such a transformation. How do you change so drastcially and not look at yourself and hurt? Some say Michael distanced himself from being black but I disagree, I feel he distanced himself from Himself, Michael Jackson.No one will ever know what he went through mentally but we can't deny that he went through some rough shit, mentally & physically and what's amazing about all of what he went through is that he never stopped giving US music. He never stopped entertaining, the man got better and better each time he was on a stage and yet his personality became stranger and stranger as well and that proves that he was as strong of a person as anyone I have ever witnessed. He put himself aside to fullfill the needs of billions of people whom he had not known personally and that is why he is a LEGEND. That is how he built his LEGACY and why he will forever be remembered as the KING OF MUSIC.

What's even more disturbing than his untimely death is all the negative media coverage. Of course when a high profiled celebrity dies, they pull out all of their negative issues. They did so with Heath Ledger, David Carridine, Anna Nicole, Marilyn Monroe, James Brown even Farrah Fawcett to name a few, no one is spared but when will it end? When a regular person dies, you don't go on tv talking up all of their dirt, you bury them, you mourn them and you live on. In this world a celebrity has to live a perfect life because they know when they die nothing but negativity will be spun afterwards and that's some sad shit. Michael did some questionable things, the molestation charges were a crock (I don't care what anyone says they were false) all the lies.....it's in the past but not now! Not while he is still cold on a slab, it's fresh news to post online and on videos and all over TV. It has even sparked some racial slander. People saying "F Him, he wasn't black anyways", "He liked children, good he's dead" and etc. It's hard to believe that people can hate someone they never met so vividly, so much so that they would disgrace their death. No human deserves to be disrespected like that. Not even murderers, none. The only one to judge is GOD himself.

There is the talk of whether or not those kids are his. Does it matter? Angelina has a lil black baby, so does Madonna, Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman, so why can't he have his children? Why does it matter about blood. Those kids were raised by their father whom they knew as DAD and we knew as MICHAEL JACKSON. His lineage should not be questioned with those kids. If we loved Michael the way we claim then we have a duty to love his children and respect their father's LEGACY. They never got a chance to see the most talented entertainer ever, their dad, perform and that's just sad. He wanted them to see him in action, to witness why everyone was so crazy about Michael Jackson. Can You imagine him sitting there showing them videos of his ART. Teaching them the moonwalk and all the old dance moves, can you imagine how lucky those kids were to be that close to that musical genious? He loved his kids and it showed, whether he gave his man swimmers or not, those ARE his kids and there should be no question about it.




I watched a clip of the BET awards that was on last night and I must say I was highly disappointed in Jamie Foxx for saying, "He belonged to us. He belonged to us and we shared him with every one else." What kind of shit is that to say? He was loved by this entire World and he belonged to no one. The man was still a human being and it sucks that people are not treating him like that in death. Of course he was black, we all know it, his fans know it so no need to put that out there. He may have died with light skin and straight hair on the outside but on the inside he died a darkskinned, big-nosed, afro'd human being. Michael could have turned himself green and still been loved for the TALENT he possessed. We have to stop thinking that celebrities are not human beings like us. They have flaws, they make mistakes and it's okay if they do because as humans we all are experiencing this life together with it's ups and down's. Michael Jackson was a human being, one of the most well-known of my lifetime but still a human being and he should not be ridiculed for his wrong doings. No one told anyone to put him on a throne and just because he was on one didn't mean he was perfect, he was a genious at performing and entertaining a WORLD but never perfect. Let's remember him for what he gave us. Amazing videos, Amazing Dance moves (THE MOONWALK), the freedom to be different, the glittered gloved, the "OK" for men to wear a Jerry Curl and still be sexy, The classic songs and albums, the Concerts, the raw entertainment which is his LEGACY. Let's remember him for that and nothing else. He said it himself that he just wanted to be loved, so let's love him like he gave love to his fans.


Rest In Peace Michael Joseph Jackson~ Your Legacy is one that will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment